Facebook is one of the best social networking platforms that keep updating its style and features. They recently launched their Facebook avatar which becomes quite a hot topic of the talk nowadays
As everybody knows, Just a few days back Facebook announced Cartoonish Avatars for their users in India. Now users from India could also create their lookalike cartoonish avatars that can be used in chat, post, and comments, etc. These facebook avatars were already available in Australia, USA, New Zealand, Canada.
Facebook Avatar feature is very much similar to Apple’s Memoji and Snapchat’s Bitmoji. Facebook is also expecting a similar kind of popularity that Snapchat gains with its Bitmoji.
If you like you create your own cartoonish lookalike avatar then down below I have provided proper step by step guide on how to create facebook avatar
How to create Facebook avatar
- you would be wondering that your mobile does not show any option to create Facebook avatars, that might be because you are using the Facebook app. First thing first update your Facebook mobile app to version 218.104.22.168.126
- Open the Facebook app and click on the hamburger menu( three vertical lines) on the top right corner. Scroll down and click on the See More option.
- The hamburger menu could be found on the bottom right corner in iOS devices.
- Click on the Avatars option.
- Now you are in the Avatar creation interface, a wide variety of customizations are available. You can customize your avatar with skin tone, Hairstyle, Haircolor, Face Shape, Complexion, Eyes Shape Makeup, Eyebrows, Bindi, Eyewear, Nose, Mouth Facial hair, Body, Shape, Outfit, Headwear.
- After you have completed all the customizations, click on the done icon located on the top right corner.
- Facebook app will then generate your avatar and provide you the tips on how you can use your avatar.
lastly, you need to select the pose for your avatar and share it on your feed. You could send your newly create avatar straight away to WhatsApp or Feed. There is also an option to skip this step.
If you need to update or change some styles of your Avatar, you can do this by going back to the avatar creation interface and edit whatever you want.
Facebook lite does not supports Facebook avatars yet.
How to use facebook avatar
To use your Facebook Avatar, you need to click on the smiley face icon in any text field (whether in messenger or direct Facebook comments) and then choose the avatar from the sticker section.
One great feature of Facebook avatars is, user can create and share their avatars to other social apps like Snapchat, Whatsapp, Instagram or Twitter
Other Counterparts of Facebook Avatar
Snapchat’s Bitmoji is the most famous of all. In 2016 Snapchat acquires Bitstrips (the company behind Bitmoji) for 64 million dollars and stock. Since then Bitmoji is an integral part of Snapchat since then.
Apple’s Memoji is a personalized form of Animoji. Animojis are just animations of objects like robots, animals. But Memoji tracks your facial movements and creates your lookalike cartoonish avatar. Since Snapchat launched this feature earlier than its other counterpart, Apple’s Memoji is can be referred to as the adaptive version of Snapchat’s Bitmoji.
Samsung’s AR Emoji are currently available on Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, Z Flip, Note10, Note10+, S10e, S10, S10+, Fold, Note9, S9, and S9+. Samsung’s AR Emoji can only be sent to the apps Which supports the GIF file format.
Hikemoji Hike is India’s one of the rapidly growing chatting app. It has a similar avatar feature like Facebook avatar, launched last year on 15th November. Hikemoji allows you the user to take a selfie and let them create their Hikemoji.
Frequently asked questions
The hamburger menu is a name given to the menu icon that is used in applications and websites to show and hides the file items. It is also called a hotdog menu, a three-line menu, or a menu button. The hamburger menu makes viewing of items a lot easier.
yes, you could send your Facebook avatars on other social appications.
The only reason you are not able to create and use Facebook Avatars is, you have not updated your Facebook app
Yes, of course you can use Facebook avatars on messenger app too. After creating the avatars, click on smiley face and then on sticker to access the Facebook avatars in messenger