In this article I am going to provide you the list of free screen recorders most of which I personally used, and tested. Screens are becoming an integral part of our life. We are getting a lot of information in the form of videos and articles on our screens if you want to share that information with others. What would you do? of course reaching out to other persons physically is not possible. you need to use screen recorders.
Screen recording is a process in which you record your device’s screen with the help of software. The recording could be saved on your device or you can directly stream your screen on the internet.
Whether you are a blogger or Vlogger you always need to use the screen recorders for video tutorials or step by step by how-to guides. countless screen recorders are available in the market. The screen recorders could be free, premium or freemium (some features are free and some are paid)
What are the uses of screen recorder
- Used for making How-to videos
- Used for making software tutorials like step by step installation or function guide.
- Creating product demoes.
- If you are a parent then you can use screen recorders to monitor your children’s screens
When you are selecting screen recorders keep in mind few things like its Usability, Frame Rate Speed, Video Sharing, Multiple Screens Recording tools availability, recording capabilities, and screen ratio.
Free screen recorder for android
Most of the android mobiles have build-in screen recorder but with limited functionalities. if your mobile doesn’t have an inbuilt screen recorder then you can download third party screen recorders. There are many screen recorders are available most of them are free to use.
AZ screen recorder
- While installation make sure to allow display over other apps.
- AZScreen Recorder has 50 million-plus download and its rating is 4.6 on google play store.
- lightweight it is only of 17mb in size
- Free screen recording with audio
- Screen recording with internal sounds
- Personalize videos with front camera
- You can record game in Full HD
- built-in video editor. after recording videos you can edit them, or convert video into GIF.
- It has built-in image editor and screenshot capturing capability too
- In Conclusion AZscreen recorder is the best of others. I strongly recommend you to use AZ screen recorder
Free screen recorder for Computers
There are plenty of screen recorders available in the marketing. Many of those provide a free trial and after the free trial you have to buy a premium version. If you want to save some money I have compiled a list of free screen recorders of PC’s. These softwares can easily compete with paid Softwares.
OBS free screen recorder
Availablity Windows Mac OS and Linux. OBS Studio is completely free and it does not place the watermark on the videos. It can record in HD and support video streaming. You can save Recordings in FLV Mkv, mp4, mov, ts, and m3u8 formats.
High-performance real-time video/audio capturing and mixing. Create scenes made up of multiple sources including window captures, images, text, browser windows, webcams, capture cards, and more.
Set up an unlimited number of scenes you can switch between seamlessly via custom transitions.
Powerful and easy to use configuration options. Add new Sources, duplicate existing ones, and adjust their properties effortlessly.
Streamlined Settings panel gives you access to a wide array of configuration options so you can tweak every aspect of your broadcast or recording.souce obsproject
Availablity Windows. ShareX is widely used, free and open-source software. It gives you the power to capture and record the screen. and you can share your recording very easily with a single click. while installing share X make sure you are connected to the internet because it requires to Download Microsoft .NET Framework. You can skip this process if .NET Framework is already installed on your system.
- ShareX allows different methods of capturing screenshots like full screen, or in shapes
- You can customize( effects, annotations) after capturing
- It has tools like image editor, DNS changer etc
- You can specific hot-keys.
Availablity Windows Mac OS and Linux
CamStudio is an easily available tool on the internet. it records in high-quality AVI video files. The only disadvantage is that its recorded videos are very huge in size. so if you want to upload these raw videos on youtube or your blog then you need to first convert the video format. It entirely depends on your requirement which size or format you want to create. for example you create small file size for the online platform, larger sizes for CD/DVD
You can use it to create demonstration videos for any software program
Or how about creating a set of videos answering your most frequently asked questions?
can create video tutorials for school or college class
You can use it to create video-based information products you can sell
You can even use it to record new tricks and techniques you discover on your favorite software program, before you forget themsouce camstudio
Availablity Windows and you can use this software online as well. Apowersoft is a screen recorder used by most of the YouTubers. because it is free and it has a unique yet simple user interface. initially it shows watermarks .if you want to remove watermarks you need to register with your email id.
Apowersoft Record all types of activities on your screen including video stream, self-demonstration, live chat, and more. its output formats MP4, WMV, AVI, FLV, MPEG, VOB, ASF and GIF
Freecam is free, good user interface with all the features required for screen recording. one of the best thing about freecam is that it doesn’t place watermarks nor does it shows ads.
- Yet being free and ad-free it does have a clean and interactive interface
- You can save videos in WMV format only and directly upload to youtube or any other video platform
- high-quality resolution, no watermark, no ads, no time limit
filmoreScrn is loved by gamers because it provides fast-paced game recordings (Up to 60 fps for Mac).it is one of the paid software those They provides the free trial too.
- Availablity Windows 10,8,7, Mac
- Professional editing tools
- picture in picture mode.
- import almost all file formats
- support HD and Even 4K format
- Frame rate ranging from 15fps to 120fps
Frequently asked questions
Best free screen recorders are
Az screen recorder (Android)
Most of the android devices have built in screen recorders. but if your device doesnot have screen recorder then you can download third party screen recorder like AZ Screen recorder